The fast way to obtain and record approvals.
The preparation of final artwork can be one of the most costly and labour intensive parts of a marketing campaign. It often involves many different people, in different locations, and repetitive cycles of generating artwork, producing and distributing proofs, coordinating replies, and making amendments before final go ahead is given.
Marketingunity Approvals Manager streamlines the document management process, saving significant time and money. Its collaborative, online ‘team’ approach allows PDF proofs to be reviewed, changes requested and made, and approval achieved, all in record time.
Marketingunity holds full details for each job in its online database, including all proof revisions and comments. This shows an accurate view of progress at all times, and maintains an automatic audit trail without manual effort. Automatic emails inform users of important events. This removes the need for users to log on repeatedly to check whether an expected action has taken place.
Users access, review and update the same ‘master’ job via their web browser. This minimises the delays, costs and administration involved in producing, distributing and monitoring ‘hard copy’ proofs and customer responses. Marketingunity gives each user an individual tailored view of each job according to their role and authorisation level.
Marketingunity is accessed from standard browsers. The only ‘plug-in’ required is Acrobat Reader. No proprietary software needs installing – even to upload PDFs.
- Marketingunity Approvals Manager is based around a storyboard that shows thumbnails of each page of a document to be. A single click displays a PDF of the page, or selects actions such as page approval or rejection.
- Once the job is released, each user’s access is carefully controlled on a job-by-job basis. Users only see jobs to which they have been given access rights. This provides appropriate and flexible security, between users in separate companies, or even within the same team.
- Marketingunity uses a marketing dashboard system of simple ‘traffic-light’ indicators. Hovering the mouse pointer over an indicator gives an instant visual status check for each page, showing whether it is waiting for review (amber), has been approved (green) or rejected (red) by reviewers.
- Through email alerts the system ensures that the entire team is notified as changes occur. This ensures that each job is kept on schedule.
- Marketingunity’s document management database collects a complete audit trail which records every single comment or action taken on every job. This audit trail gives authorised users detailed status information at all times, and also minimises financial or operational queries.
- Marketingunity Approvals Manager streamlines and controls projects at any level of complexity. It avoids the cost and effort of sending multiple hard copy proofs and manually monitoring progress.
- Regardless of how many companies or users are involved, or their geographic locations, they all see the same master copy of proofs in the marketingunity database, so cannot work on obsolete copies.
Your role is simply to get material approved by everyone appropriate. Did we say ‘simply’? You know what a pain it can be:
- Approvers tend to be senior people with other priorities.
- Email attachments can get delayed or even rejected by virus checkers.
- You have to keep a complex communications log.
At any one time, you can have lots of deadlines to remember and chase, and the more jobs/proofs/revisions/approvers/ locations there are, the worse it gets.
Corporations and not-for-profit organisationsIt’s your role to secure and record all necessary approvals on time, or campaigns can be delayed, and their intended results not achieved. It’s all too easy to miss a reminder, or not spot that someone hasn’t replied by a deadline.
Relax. Marketingunity’s approval manager is your tireless PA that remembers every deadline and issues any number of reminders that you tell it to. It logs every change request, holds all revisions, and typically cuts approval times by over 80%.
Marketing AgenciesIt’s your role to manage approvals for clients, and you don’t set their campaign schedules, so it can get pretty pressurised.
At the same time, you have to document who did what, where, when and why, both to ensure clients are billed accurately and to sort out any queries.
It’s a tough job, and you’re the one that has to do it. We’d be delighted for our Approval Manager software to help out – please ask us for details.
PrintersYou need approved artwork before you can produce and deliver the goods. Scheduling press time can be hard, because you don’t know how the approval process is going, even if you’re producing the artwork inhouse.
We can help – our Approval Manager module lets you ‘see’ approvals as they are given, and also give your customers a genuinely useful, added value service. As well as cutting typically 80% of approval times, it also cuts proofing costs significantly.